INTEGRAL SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTE
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.
— Albert Einstein
We Have the Power to Impact Our Future, and We’re Doing Something About It
Integral Scientific Institute is a think tank launched to explore and effect the technological, social, and economic transition to a more sustainable and healthy way of living on Earth. Our scientific, technological, and management backgrounds allow us to apply an integrated approach that is rooted in systems thinking. Through our thought leadership and bold innovations, we are committed to providing practical solutions to environmental and health challenges.
- Alzheimer’s disease prevention
- Understanding chronic fatigue syndrome
- Adaptation to water scarcity in the Western U.S.
- Clean energy for desalination and reducing water loss from evaporation
- Transitioning from fossil fuels to renewable sources of energy
- Mobilizing for action on climate change
- Stopping unstoppable sea level rise
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND EDUCATION
- Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Richland College
- Sierra Club
- Great Basin Water Network
- Energy Island — Power plant of the future.
- Leaky Barge — Seawater intake for desalination without causing harm to marine life.
- Forward Flow Filter Cleaning — Process for easy, cost-effective way to filter floating or suspended solids from any fluid.
Authors: Thomas Manaugh, Saïd MajdiPitch Abundant resources are available to stop disastrous sea level rise resulting from melting glaciers. Description Summary We are optimistic humans will eventually gain control over climate change; but before that happens,...
Authors: Thomas Manaugh, Saïd MajdiPitch Power Plant of the Future: Clean, abundant, and safe energy with no greenhouse gases. Description Summary The Energy Island system uses multiple co-located sources of energy to produce clean reliable electricity...